- Award document grouping to Obergefreiter Wilhelm Harbecke. He was a veteran of Grenadier-Regiment 396 who earned the EK2 and the IAB during the fighting with the 216.ID on the Orel front in 1943. After the destruction of the division later that year, the 216.ID was reformed into the 272.ID in Belgium. They arrived in Normandy during the first days of July 1944 and would see heavy action in the battle for Caen. There, Harbecke (now with 3.Gren.Rgt.982) was wounded on 22nd of July, and awarded the EKI only two days later.
- The group consists of four award documents, all in good condition, folded once, not punched:
- EK2, signed by Oak Leaves winner Friedrich August Schack as Div.Kdr. 216.ID.
- Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen, nice layout, signed by Oberst Gerhard Gnoth (DKiG, Ehrenblattspange) as Kdr. of Gren.Rgt.396.
- Normandy EK1, signed by Oak Leaves winner Friedrich August Schack as Div.Kdr. 272.ID.
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, awarded for his Normandy wound.
272.ID Normandy EK1 Award document grouping
- Product Code: DI026