- Soldbuch grouping to Obergefreiter Alfred Schua. After his RAD service, he joined the Luftwaffe in 1941. He was trained a Luftnachrichten soldier and enjoyed the relative safety of rather obscure related units for three years. He spent a long time in the harbour of Constanta, Romania, and was therefore awarded the Romanian crusade against communism medal. But on 24th of October 1944, he joined the Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 3, part of the 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division. The division was at that time recovering from the fighting in Normandy and Holland, and prepared for the Ardennes offensive. Schua fought with the division during the first 2-3 weeks of the Bulge, pushing towards Malmedy, but was then evacuated with a contagious disease, arriving in the Lazarett in Iserlohn on 9th of January 1945. He was released only weeks before the end of the war and went into captivity. Alfred Schua died in his home town Chemnitz in 2012, aged 89.
- The Soldbuch has been used during his captivity: the cover has been removed, and page 1 and 25 were pasted onto a new cover. All other pages are there. On the outside cover a document was pasted when he was released as a POW in 1948.
- It comes with a few extras:
- Wehrmacht-Füherschein with nice portrait photo.
- 19 photos from his military and POW time.
- 11 wartime documents, mostly financial.
Fallschirmjäger Soldbuch group - 3.FJD Ardennes
- Product Code: DK083
- Availability: In Stock