- Extensive Soldbuch, Ausweis and (award) document grouping to Feldwebel Helmuth Kluge. He volunteerded well before the start of the war and was already an Unteroffizier when his Soldbuch was opened in August 1939. He served with the staff of the 28. Infanterie-Division in the Polish and Western campaigns. By late 1941 the division was reformed into the 28. leichte Infanterie-Division with Jäger regiments, then finally into the 28. Jäger-Division in July 1942. After serving with the divisional staff, he was sent to the 15th Kompanie of Jäger-Regiment 83 for service on the Eastern Front. He fought on the Krim and was then shot in his arm early September 1942 immediately after the transfer of the division to the Wolchow front. It was a complex wound, and he spent more than 2 years in hospital. By Mid January 1945 he was finally released from the Reservelazarett IV in Breslau, but was then soon surrounded by the Russians in what would become the "Festung Breslau". There, he was wounded a second time by shrapnel late March 1945. He was released from service and ended up in Russian captivity.
- During his prewar and wartime career, Kluge earned no less than NINE awards: the Reichsjugend-Sportabzeichen, the SA Sportabzeichen, the DRL Sportabzeichen, the Sudeten-Erinnerungsmedaille, the KVKII, the Ostmedaille, the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, the Krimschild and the EKII.
- The Soldbuch is in a used but complete condition, a portrait photo was never inserted. Lots of nice entries from Festung Breslau, his awards, etcetera.
- The following award documents are included:
- 1935 Reichsjugend-Sportabzeichen award booklet, complete with portrait photo & extra "Bestimmungen" document.
- 1936 SA Sportabzeichen award card, without photo, as well as his accompanying SA Leistungsbuch with portrait photo and a lot of extra documents: Gesundheitsbefund, the book "Der Weg zum SA-Sportabzeichen" & more.
- 1937 DRL Sportabzeichen award booklet, complete with portrait photo and accompanying letter.
- 1942 Preliminary Ostmedaille document.
- 1943 Preliminary Krimschild document, with accompanying text that he was sent 2 pieces of the actual award, as well as an extra accompanying letter.
- Added to that is a wealth of extra documents, not all shown here, but including his Arbeitsbuch, Arbeitsdank Mitgliedskarte with portrait photo, his nice ID booklet from the Deutsche Stenografenschaft, letters, Annahmeschein, medical paper for his Breslau wound, etc etc....
Festung Breslau 28. Jäger-Division Soldbuch grouping
- Product Code: DC025
- Availability: In Stock