- Award document grouping to Oberleutnant Magnus Brunkhorst. It is composed of the certificates for his four awards earned during the Battle of Britain while flying with the 9. Staffel of Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen":
- EKII issued 28th of August 1940, hand signed by General der Flieger Robert Ritter von Greim (Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves & Swords).
- EKI issued 28th of October 1940, hand signed by Generalleutnant Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf (DKiS).
- Frontflugspange für Jäger in Bronze issued 26th of April 1941, facsimile signed by Hauptmann Wilhelm Balthasar, Geschwaderkommodore JG2.
- Frontflugspange für Jäger in Silber issued 17th of July 1941, hand signed by Hauptmann Karl-Heinz Greisert, replacing Geschwaderkommodore JG2 (DKiG).
- Brunkhorst has been credited with at least three victories in this time frame: a Spitfire over the Island Wight on 18.08.1940, a Spitfire near Calais on 08.07.1941, and a Westland Whirlwind near Barfleur on 06.11.1941. His first bravery award (EKII) is clearly related to his first Abschuss over Wight. Brunkhorst later became Staffelkapitän in 3./JG108, in 5./JG110 and 3./JG103.
- All four documents are in very good condition, folded once, not punched. They come with a very detailed English research (20 pages!) and two digital portrait photos of Brunkhorst, which will be forwarded in full resolution to the buyer.
JG2 Fighter pilot Battle of Britain grouping
- Product Code: DP008
- Availability: In Stock