- Extensive grouping to Fernsprech-Obermaat Herbert Boist from Koblenz. Boist worked his way up to the senior NCO rank of Obermaat from 1941 to 1945. He served in Marine-Nachrichten units, mostly in Greece - where he was stationed in Athens for more than a year, and on the shores of the Black Sea, mostly on the Krim with Marine-Nachrichten-Kommandant Simferopol. By the end of the war, he made it safely back to the Heimat. His last wartime posting is given as Dampfer Njassa, this ship was heavily bombed and sank in the port of Wilhelmshaven on 30th of March 1945. During his captivity, Boist continued to work for the Allies in the port of Wilhelmshaven.
- The grouping consists of the following:
- Soldbuch, denazified during his POW time but in complete and very good condition. First issue from February 1942. Many interesting entries, including lots of equipment pages, EK2 award, tropical uniforms, sunglasses, Tarnbluse (camouflage shirt), and an MP40 and 7.65 mm pistol issued in September 1944.
- EKII award document, original signed by Vizeadmiral Helmut Brinkmann, former captain of the Prinz Eugen, Knight's Cross and DKiG winner.
- DRL Sportabzeichen award document booklet.
- DLRG Grundschein, with nice portrait photo.
- About 10 extra documents, with travel permits, POW papers, radio equipment lists etc.
- Grouping of 87 photos of his wartime service. Boist can be easily recognised in the photos. Mostly taken on the Balkan, in Greece and on the Krim. Nice portrait photos, tropical uniforms, local population, etc. Only a selection of the 87 photos is shown here!
- Single Kriegsmarine NCO shoulder board.
Kriegsmarine Soldbuch grouping Greece, Krim, Balkan
- Product Code: DQ009
- Availability: In Stock