- Award document grouping to Obergefreiter Georg Oberleitner, who first served with the 268. Infanterie-Division on the Eastern Front, and in 1944 until his third wound with the 92. Infanterie-Division on the Anzio front. The following six award docs are included, in chronological order:
- Eiserne Kreuz 2. Klasse, May 1942. Hand signed by Generalmajor Heinrich Greiner, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves winner.
- Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen in Bronze, June 1943, small A6 sized (half the size of a normal award document!).
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, for a first wound sustained on 14th of August 1943, signed by his Batallion commander. Notice the rare layout!
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, for a second wound sustained very soon after on 1st of September 1943, issued in hospital in Bialystok.
- Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, September 1943, likely for the circumstances surrounding his two wounds, Again hand signed by Generalmajor Heinrich Greiner, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves winner.
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Silber, May 1944, for a third wound sustained on the Anzio front with Art.Rgt.192 of the 92.Inf.Div.
- Added to the documents are three postcard sized photos of Oberleitner. Although they are not named, it is sure they show him considering the photo studio stamps: the earlier two are taken in Bad Reichenhall and Lenggries in Bavaria, the exact area where soldiers of the 268.ID were recruited. The third tropical photo is taken in San Remo (Italy) during his time with the 92.ID.
- The award documents are in good to very good condition, folded once, not punched.
Award doc grouping 268.ID, Italy WIA 92.ID
- Product Code: DQ052
- Availability: In Stock