Paper grouping to Gefreiter Franz Schmitz, who served with Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 98 in early 1940, then with Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 99 after the French campaign. He fought on the Eastern Front and survived the war. The grouping consists of the following:
- Photo album, with great military cover by Geb.Jg.Rgt.99, complete with 75 photos of which about half are military, the others of trips in the mountains. Includes photos of a ski championship in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, with images of the twelve times world champion and olympic champion Christl Cranz. Photo with his parents in Sonthofen (base of Geb.Jg.Rgt.99), with his comrades in Garmisch-Partenkirchen (base of Geb.Jg.Rgt.98), postcard of the Edelweiss weapon of the 1. Gebirgs-Division, and more.
- 1939 DRL Sportabzeichen award document booklet, with portrait photo. Pen writing on the cover.
- 1941 Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen award document, hand signed by Oberst Hermann Kress, later General and Knight's Cross winner, killed by a Russian sniper in 1943. Folded, punched, reinforced with tape.
- 1941 Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz award document, for a wound sustained in the Ukraine. Folded, punched, reinforced with tape.
- 1941 Card written to his parents shortly after this wound, from hospital in Cherson on the Dnjepr.
- 1941 Rare award document (preliminary) for the Romanian Treudienst-Medaille III. Klasse mit Schwertern. Facsimile signed by Generalmajor Hubert Lanz (Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves). Punched, not folded.
- 1941 Drawing of thee Gebirgsjäger comrades.
- 1942 Large sized award document for the Romanian Treudienst-Medaille III. Klasse mit Schwertern. Punched, folded.
Gebirgsjäger photo album and award docs
- Product Code: FR8200
- Availability: In Stock