- Wehrpass and document grouping to Oberfeldwebel Horst Schinke, who served with Jagdgeschwader 301 and Kampfgeschwader 77.
- Schinke voluntarily entered military service in October 1935, joined Kampfgeschwader 153 and Kampfgeschwader 255, and was still in service at the breakout of the war. At that point, he was with the 8. Flughafen-Betriebs-Kompanie 77 in Königgratz (Czech Republic). This unit serviced the bombers (Ju88, Do17) and air bases of the III. Gruppe of Kampfgeschwader 77, and he followed III/KG77 during its entire existence throughout Europe: the Heimat (Königgratz, Düsseldorf, Heiligenbeil, Dno, Kitzingen), France (Laon, Juvincourt, Beauvais, Vannes), and then for the most part in Italy (Comiso, Gerbini, Piacenza), finally ending up on the Orange-Caritat airbase in southeastern France during the Normandy invasion.
- In France, the KG77 was disbanded and Schinke ended up with Jagdgeschwader 301 "Wilde Sau". This unit protected the Reich with Focke Wulf fighter planes, including the rare Ta 152. As "1. Wart", he was in charge of one such plane when it was on the ground. Schinke entered American captivity at the end of the war. During his ten years (!) of Luftwaffe service, he was awarded the SA Sportabzeichen, the DRL Sportabzeichen, the Segelfliegerabzeichen, the Technisches Personalabzeichen, the Schiessabzeichen 1. Klasse, the DLRG Grundschein, the Erinnerungsmedaille a.d. 1. Oktober 1938, and the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse mit Schwertern - though he was not flying personnel, still an impressive total of eight awards and Abzeichen!
- The Wehrpass is in used but good and complete condition, and comes with the following documents, which have suffered more from humidity damage:
- Award document for the KVK2, signed by Generaloberst Ulrich Grauert, Ritterkreuzträger, KIA May 1941.
- Promotion document to Feldwebel, signed by Major Ernst-Günther von Scheliha, Gruppenkommandeur III/KG77.
- Promotion document to Oberfeldwebel, signed by Major Wilhelm Stemmler, Ritterkreuzträger and Kommodore KG77.
- Verpflichtungsschein for 10 years of service, 1938, signed by the commander of Kampfgeschwader 255.
- Verpflichtungsschein for 10 years of service, 1940, signed by an Oberst.
- Personal data sheet as Allied POW.
Wehrpass grouping KG77 and JG301
- Product Code: DN061
- Availability: In Stock