- Document and photo grouping to Feldwebel Franz Mellak, who served as a Gebirgsjäger with Gebirgs-Pionier-Bataillon 83 of the 3. Gebirgs-Division. With this unit, he saw action in Norway, Finland and on the Eastern Front, 1940-1942.
- Award document for the Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938, hand signed by Oberstleutnant Paul Klatt, at that time Bataillonskommandeur of Geb.Pi.Btl.83, later Generalmajor, DKiG, Knight's Cross and Oak Leaves winner.
- EKII Award document, early issue for actions in Norway 1940, hand signed by Generalleutnant Hans Kreysing, commander of the 3.Geb.Div., Knight's Cross, Oak Leaves and Swords winner.
- Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen award document, also issued for the Northern front, and also hand signed by Generalleutnant Hans Kreysing, commander of the 3.Geb.Div., Knight's Cross, Oak Leaves and Swords winner.
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz award document, issued by the Reservelazarett IX Warschau after a wound in December 1942.
- A total of 26 private photos are included, showing his service mostly in Norway and the Heimat. Notice the great portrait photo showing the "83" shoulder boards and all his four awards!
- All award documents were folded and punched but remain in good condition. Three great signatures on the documents!
Gebirgspionier award document & photo grouping
- Product Code: DU003