Wehrpass and award document grouping to Gefreiter Johannes Schorpp. Called up by Inf.Ers.Btl.460 in the French garrison Lunéville in April 1942, Schorpp was sent to the Eastern Front later that year as Truppführer on a heavy Granatwerfer (mortar) with Grenadier-Regiment 326 of the 198. Infanterie-Division. He saw some short but intense fighting on the southern sector, near Rostow on Don, on the Kuban and in the Caucasian Mountains, until he was badly wounded on 5th of October 1942 by shrapnel in the right foot. He never fully recovered and was eventually discharged by the Wehrmacht, earning the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz and the Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in Silber. The grouping consist of:
- Wehrpass, Zweitschrift issued in May 1943, according to an entry on page 46 because the original was destroyed in combat. Notice the portrait photo has been replaced, this is however 100% certain Johannes Schorpp; not only are his age, rank and awards correct, is if further confirmed by an extra group portrait photo of his Granatwerfer Zug of 4./I.E.B.460 in Lunneville: Schorpp can clearly be seen sitting second from right on the front row.
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz award document, December 1942, issued by Reservelazarett Bamberg.
- Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen in Silber award document, October 1942, with excellent hand signature of Oberst Paul Keiser, Ritterkreuz, DKiG and Ehrenblattspange.
- Two documents confirming his promotion to Gefreiter in April 1943.
- Shooting practice list from his training days in Lunéville.
- Confirmation by the Heeres-Entlassungsstelle in Stuttgart of his 2 awards, as he was obliged to hand in his Soldbuch.
- Confirmation by the Heeres-Entlassungsstelle in Stuttgart of his qualification in Versehrtenstufe 1, following his wound.
- Two pages from a denazification trial, with interesting details about his prewar and postwar life: Schorpp had been active as Ortsgruppenleiter for the NSDAP since 1938, and was also a member of the NSKK and other organisations. He was interned for a full year after the war because of his high rank in the NSDAP.
198.ID Wehrpass grouping
- Product Code: DW031
- Availability: In Stock