Award document and photo grouping to Oberfeldwebel Heinrich Hackstein. Trained before the war with Panzer-Regiment 8, he joined the Feldgendarmerie after the mobilisation and would serve for many years as a senior NCO with the Feldgendarmerie-Trupp of the 253. Infanterie-Division on the Western and Eastern fronts. The group consists of:
- Award document card for the SA-Sportabzeichen in Bronze, August 1940.
- Award document for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, October 1940, hand signed by Generalleutnant Fritz Kühne as commander of the 253.ID, DKiS winner.
- Award document for the Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz, July 1941, hand signed by his Feldgendarmerie C.O. of the 253.ID., Leutnant Kettermann.
- Award document for the Eiserne Kreuz 2. Klasse, June 1942, hand signed by Oberst Gustav Adolph-Auffenberg-Komarow, commander of I.R.453 in temporary command of the 253.ID, DKiG winner.
- Award document for the Ostmedaille, July 1942, hand signed by his Feldgendarmerie C.O. of the 253.ID., Oberleutnant Hosemann.
- Award document for the Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen in Bronze, May 1943, hand signed by Generalmajor Carl Becker as commander of the 253.ID, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves winner.
- Award document for the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 1. Klasse, April 1944, also hand signed by Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves winner Carl Becker.
- Award document for the Kraftfahrbewährungsabzeichen in Gold, October 1944, again hand signed by Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves winner Carl Becker.
- Rare divisional award document "für ununterbrochenern Einsatz in Russland" with the 253.ID, June 1944, facsimile signed by Carl Becker.
- Even rarer divisional award document "für 5 jährige Zugehörigkeit zur 253. Infanterie-Division", August 1944, again facsimile signed by Carl Becker.
- Militär-Fahrlehrerschein, October 1937, while serving as a Panzerschütze with Panzer-Regiment 8 in Berlin.
- Document confirming his good service as Fahrlehrer (driving instructor) with Pz.Rgt.8 in Zossen, December 1940.
- Hackstein's aluminium Erkennungsmarke of Feldgendarmerie-Trupp mot. 253 (rare unit for a dogtag!), including the original drawstring.
- Portrait photo as Oberfelwebel in Feldgendarmerie uniform with several of his awards.
- Two early postcard sized portraits taken in Böblingen (near Stuttgart) while with Pz.Rgt.8.
- Six more photos in which Hackstein can be clearly recognised, with his many awards in wear, Feldgendarmerie cufftitle, vehicles, etc.
The documents are in varying condition, with denazification in light ink, three are folded with a few small tears, others are unfolded and in very good to excellent condition, none are punched. Unique citation grouping with TEN wartime award documents of a Feldgendarmerie NCO, including the two rare and visually appealing divisional documents of the 253.ID.
253.ID Feldgendarmerie citation grouping
- Product Code: DD1020