- Extensive Soldbuch and (award) document grouping to Obergefreiter Friedrich Peter. He was originally deployed as a driver in infantry and pioneer units such as Infanterie-Regiment 87 of the 36. Infanterie-Division, Pionier-Bataillon 328 of the 328. Infanterie-Division, and last the Pionier-Bataillon 306 of the 306. Infanterie-Division. With the latter, he earned the Kriegsverdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, the Kraftfahrbewährungs-Abzeichen in Bronze and the Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse. This last bravery award was earned when the division was almost completely destroyed in the Ukraine in the summer of 1944.
- One of the surviors of his division, Peter was sent to Panzer-Pionier-Bataillon 87 of the 25. Panzer-Division in autumn 1944. The division fought in Poland, but around New Year 1945 Peter made one last move to an even more interesting unit: the 6. Kompanie of Jäger-Regiment Brandenburg. Originally a strictly special operations unit, the Brandenburger were now fighting in Eastern Prussia, where they were integrated with the Grossdeutschland division into the Panzerkorps Grossdeutschland. It suffered heavy losses during the Soviet winter offensive in Poland, and Peter was one of them. He was wounded on 5th of February 1945 and delivered into the Karlsbad hospital two days later. He earned the Verwundetenabzeichen as his last award and was taken POW at the end of the war.
- The Soldbuch is in a very used condition with loose pages, but a 100% complete. Many interesting entries including a watch and his four awards.
- The complete set of four award documents have all been folded but not punched. They include twice the signature of Knight's Cross winning Generalleutnant Karl-Erik Köhler. Also notice the unit "6./Jg.Kp. Brandenburg" on his Verwundetenabzeichen document!
- Around 20 more documents also come with the grouping, including his Wehrmacht-Führerschein (no photo), his POW discharge document, postcard sized portrait, postwar Kennkarte of his mother, Anmeldebescheinigung from Meldestelle Hessheim, birth certificate, postwar Kennkarte from his mother and much more.
Brandenburg Jäger Soldbuch & award doc grouping
- Product Code: DK084