- Grouping to Gebirsgjäger Karl Wandinger, who was badly wounded with Gebirgs-Nachrichten-Abteilung 54 of the 1. Gebirgs-Division in the Kaukasus, 28th of August 1942, and died in hospital three days later. The grouping consists of:
- EK2 Award document, original signed by Genralmajor Hubert Lanz, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, divisional commander.
- Verwundetenabzeichen in Schwarz document for his fatal wound, issued on the day before his death in hospital!
- His Third Reich Kennkarte, providing definite proof of a face to the name.
- Very large, frameable portrait photo on cardboard, total size 34x24 cm.
- 122 other photos, 95% military, mainly showing his RAD time in France 1940, then his Gebirgsjäger time on the Eastern Front from 1941. Includes photos of his grave, photos of the place in the Kaukasus where he was mortally wounded, nice uniform photos of Karl and his Gebirgsjäger friends, destroyed places in the East, etcetera. Only a small part is shown here!
KIA Gebirgsjäger Award docs and photos
- Product Code: DM016